Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day Four: Coffee Table Books



10/11/2007 - Thursday

I'm busy today planning exams for tomorrow's classes and I figured I could hedge a bit because I have downsized my personal belongings by more than one bag each day so far. However, then I saw a shelf in my living room with old coffee-table-sized books and knew it would be easy to eliminate one bag load of unneeded stuff today. Let me tell you a little about these books. Most are pictures of nature, good pictures, but the kind we can easily view on the Internet today. I bought some of these books myself, I think from the price-reduced tables at Borders. But most of them were gifts from children and friends. I think I have looked at if not read most of them, but never opened them again after that. And when their job of adorning my coffee table was over, the books were retired to the shelves by the wall. Surely, they will be better appreciated by a local public library patron. So off they'll go this afternoon to their next destination.

No comments: